The Veterans Ombudsman hosts Stakeholder Meetings as part of his national outreach. These Stakeholder Meetings give the Veterans Ombudsman and his team the opportunity to hear from members of the Veterans' community on issues facing Veterans and their families, provide an update on the Office's work and priorities going forward, and to discuss the support provided and recommendations for improvements. Participants include representatives of local Veterans' groups, health care and service providers, researchers, members of the Defence community, and local elected officials.
On this page, you can find the highlights of past Stakeholder Meetings.
Stakeholder Meeting Highlights
- September 6, 2017 - Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
- July 4, 2017 - Nanaimo, British Columbia
- May 29, 2017 - Fredericton, New Brunswick
- March 6, 2017 - Calgary, Alberta and March 8, 2017 Edmonton, Alberta
- January 26, 2017 - Petawawa, Ontario
- December 13, 2016 - Belleville, Ontario
- November 22, 2016 - Surrey, British Columbia
- June 15, 2016 – Halifax, Nova Scotia
- March 28, 2016 – Kingston, Ontario