Stakeholder Engagement Highlights Saint-Jean-Richelieu, QC
On June 18, 2018, the Veterans Ombudsman held a stakeholder meeting in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC. Representatives from various groups and organizations that support Veterans and their families in the Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu area attended the event.
- VAC’s turnaround times were noted as one of the biggest issue for Veterans. One stakeholder mentioned that the wait times for the Veterans Independence Program was especially long.
Integration between levels of government
- Concerns were raised regarding the lack of integration between levels of government in the transition process.
New Education and Training Benefit
- Questions were raised regarding the criteria for the new Education and Training Benefit that came into effect on April 1, 2018.
- Veterans who are on the Supplementary Reserve list are not eligible for this benefit.
- Veterans would be eligible if they removed their names from the Supplementary Reserve list.
Pension for Life
- Concerns were raised about the complexity of the program and the transition to the new approach.
- Canadian Armed Forces
- Military Family Resource Centre
- Operational Stress Injury Social Support (Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu Peer Support)
- UN-NATO Quebec District
- Association du 22e Régiment succ. Fort-St-Jean
- Canadian Association of Veterans in United Nations Peacekeeping
- National Association of Federal Retirees – Montréal
- Royal Canadian Legion Iberville
- Federal MP (St-Jean) representative
- Veterans Ombudsman's Advisory Council Member
- Date modified: