Veterans Ombudsman Awards 2019 Commendations
November 26, 2019
Veterans Ombudsman Craig Dalton awarded commendations to the following 2019 recipients at a ceremony earlier today:
- Individual Contribution: Richard Nicholson and Patrice Bergeron
- National Organization: Wounded Warriors Canada
- Local Organization: Great War Centenary Association
- *Lifetime Contribution: Ken Reimer, Joseph Paquette, and Luc O’Bomsawin
The Veterans Ombudsman Commendation recognizes and honours the exceptional dedication, hard work and selfless motivation of an individual or group's contribution to Canada's Veterans and their families.
“These outstanding recipients were nominated by their peers and selected for a Veterans Ombudsman Commendation because of the positive and lasting change they make within the Veterans’ community. Their leadership and dedication to their work inspires others to make a difference in the lives of Veterans and their families.”
- Craig Dalton, Veterans Ombudsman
- The Veterans Ombudsman, in consultation with his Advisory Council, awards the Veterans Ombudsman Commendations annually, in recognition of the efforts of these individuals and groups.
- *Lifetime Contribution recipients: Mr. Paquette received his commendation from Mr. Dalton in Brampton, Ontario earlier this year and Mr. O’Bomsawin received his commendation in Quebec last week. Mr. Reimer will be awarded his in Chatsworth, Ontario on Nov. 28th.
- The Office of the Veterans Ombudsman is an impartial and independent office that works to ensure the fair treatment of Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) clients through the provision of information, complaint resolution, and the review and analysis of systemic issues related to VAC.
— 30 —
Media Relations Advisor
- Date modified: