What We Do
What We Do - Infographic
FAIRNESS FOR ALL =
ADEQUATE benefits are in place + Benefits are SUFFICIENT to meet needs + Benefits are quickly and easily ACCESSIBLE by those who need them
WHAT WE DO
- ASSIST – INFORM ...those who call for help, by providing necessary information and by facilitating referrals to service providers who can best help them.
- ADDRESS COMPLAINTS ...from those who believe they have been treated unfairly by VAC or other service providers.
- CONDUCT RESEARCH ...to produce reviews and reports containing recommendations to address systemic issues that can potentially affect many other Veterans and their families.
- PROVIDE ADVICE ...to the Minister of Veterans Affairs and Parliamentary Committees on issues of importance to Veterans and their families.
WHAT WE CANNOT DO
- Review Veterans Affairs decisions that can be reviewed or appealed to the Veterans Review and Appeal Board.
- Review legal advice, court decisions and the decision of a judge.
- Review matters in the exclusive jurisdiction of the RCMP.
WHERE YOU CAN GO FOR HELP
Submit a complaint online: veterans-ombudsman.gc.ca
CONNECT WITH US
- Date modified: